I wish I had thought of this at the start.....
You know how all the wonderful teacher's blogs are sharing wonderful resources! Some are sharing google documents, some pdfs. My process is that I organize them all in collections in categories on my own Google Documents! (It says shared as I shared with my school email in case gmail is blocked)
Well that works just great, but I was worried that I would never remember where the original owner was, and what the resource went with (ie Debbie Diller's math) Then just now a light bulb moment hit! Jennifer over at First Grade Blue Skies just shared a great pirate map here! I wondered come fall would I remember what the thought was behind it was? Then I thought maybe I could put the link to her blog in the notes section of the file! Well on google documents when you have your document in front of you(Your home screen lists recent uploads click on the box next the document you are editing) , on the right it will say the document's name, then it will say description, click on the edit button and add the link to blog! (It will look like this when you are done)
Now come fall when I open these great resources I will remember the "story" behind them! Now 1 down 5 billion to go! Hope this helps others out! Any other ideas please feel free to share!
PS...Thanks to all the wonderful teacher's blogs for sharing all the great resources, my life at school is always crazy, you made it so much easier, now I have resources readily available at a click of my mouse!



6 comments:
Great idea!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKiES
This is a test to see if I can leave a comment
Awesome thought! Thanks!
Becca
Simply 2nd Resources
Thanks for sharing your ideas!
Angelia
http://extraspecialteaching.blogspot.com
That's a really good idea! I'm going to start doing this!
First Class With Mrs. Mac
I just had an AHA!! moment when I read this, because I was having the same problem!! THANK YOU THANK YOU - - THANK YOU!!
Post a Comment