![]() |
| Photo courtesy of Yvonne Nieves |
In February, my friend Denise posted a link on Facebook. Little did I know, when I clicked on said link, it would lead to an obsession. What link you ask. She posted a link, to a webcam of an owl box, in which eggs were to hatch at anytime. I watched the mother and father, (Mel and Sydney) as each of their eggs hatched. I even got my students involved, we turned on the projector on to the whiteboard, it was a great incentive for my Third grade labs! We watched as the owlets grew and flew the nest. Currently, the owner of the box has the cameras still going. Mel and Sydney, have revisited, but no new clutch. There is a blog that keeps you updated on the state of the box.
I did not know until this, that there is a webcam set up for just about any and all species you can think of. I am sure that you too got into (or heard about) watching the Eagles as it was on every news station you turned on. I have found myself watching the birds around me a little more closer since. I encourage you to check these out to add to your lesson plans or like me just observe and learn right along with the students!


1 comments:
OMGosh we did this too and we watched a little hummingbird too. It was so great to see how UGLY they were after hatching and watch them change everyday!!! I almost forgot about this thanks for posting about it!!!! :)
Post a Comment