Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Reactions to your posts

This maybe old hat to you, but when I was on a scrappy blog I saw her reactions buttons....her's were the standard that are given to you by blogger....I have gotten so used to "liking" things on facebook, I often said I wished that there was one on all the things I read in life. So here is what mine look like:


I admit I am trying to use my sense of humor....I couldn't think of a different name other than Reactions: 
but have to admit I love my choices! Now, if you want to do this .....I found a clear cut no jibberish how to...so go here and give it a whirl...(to change the names etc, when you go to click on reactions hit edit) 

BUT...if you get stuck come back and read the rest of the post for some more tips and tricks...OR come back and tell me you got your's up and running!

So if you go to this sentence in the article

"Reactions works with Layouts templates, though if your template is heavily customized, you may have to reset your widget templates for Reactions to appear."

Your thinking, how do I reset my widget templates (the pictures, blog rolls etc on your blog) Here's what you need to do(This will not clear all your widgets out just adjust the codes etc)

1.  On the upper right hand side of your blog it says New Post, Design, Sign out. Click on Design

2. When you get there you should see this on the left side of your screen, click on Edit HTML in second row

3. When you do this is what you are going to see

ALWAYS BACKUP....(sorry that is my mantra with the kids) so click on Download Full Template
Save it to your documents (I left named what they did but added no reactions after templates)

3. After doing that scroll down to almost the bottom of the page and click on Revert widget templates to Default.

 You can preview? Did it work?  If so, then click on save template....scroll back to the top, it will say changes saved to blog...view blog...check it out.... Woohoo...cool right? If yours still didn't email me or leave me a comment and I will help! Hope this helped you some!