Thursday, January 12, 2012

Moon, Snow and Benchmarks

What a week, here I thought the week before Christmas was nuts.....No it all started with the days of the full moon, in which the kids where bonkers .....I said Seriously, Really, and you are kidding me right, so many times that some kids were saying it for me! Then the 40/50 degree weather in January threw them for another loop....to suddenly drop today for you guessed it SNOW.......the day we started benchmarking with AIMS....OY....For those of you that do AIMS, this year we started using (well a few of us) browser based testing....LOVE IT, just make a binder with the kid's copy to read from, and no papers to keep as it scores it for me! WOOHOO, loved it for progress monitoring, but today for benchmarking it rocked! I am hoping for a snow day tomorrow, but this year we built in Fridays in May as snow days (a coworker's sister in law does this at her school so we went with it this year) so 3 days built in....I need another day to catch up, we waived MLK as they figured the kids learned more in school than at home....but a day off would be nice! I have also been working on common core with reading and math and aligning our books so we can start next year. Our Treasures series is fully aligned, but our math is not, so we are working to see what we can do with what we got as schools are hurting all over ! If you know of some great common core ideas for math, leave me a comment or two;) Well I promised I would post more often, sorry it was a quick one, but power is flickering! SNOW SNOW GO AWAY !