Saturday, February 4, 2012

A few Classroom pics

Along with school, life has been so crazy busy I am finally getting around to the projects for the classroom.

First this is something I did at the beginning of the year, as you know Labby is my "mascot" so I have a few
dog themed items in my room.



These are under my whiteboard with these in them.





Then on top of my cabinets

Various Dogs and Dog "themed" books




Now for the whiteboard, I was constantly writing the schedule up on the board so I had some magnetic picture frames (4x6) used some thistle girl, LD, graphics and viola








Here's a little better close up of what is in each frame

The magnets at the top are from Vistaprint

Now the project that has dual purpose .....One to decorate and 2 for the kids to use!
I came across Deanna Jump's Guided Reading 101: Printables, Strategies and Word Work here I fell in love! Then also I loved Brenda Frady's Beanie Baby Comprehension Posters here. So I combined the strategies ....but then came the search for all of the beanie babies, and how to get them on the wall! A trip to Walmart, had me looking for Command Clips but @ 4.50 a piece ....then I turned down the storage aisle and my wheels started turning. Those drawer dividers that are 3/$1.47 kinda looked like cages.....Here's what they looked like ......

 Add black & silver paint, a little suitcase lock, and you have cages for the beanie babies!

Here are what they look like up (forgive the slanting and tilting my room averages around 80 degrees so I battle keeping things on the wall, the command hooks stay for the most part but tape is another story)

There you have some of what I have been working on, of course we have been warned Massive budget cuts are coming, so I will probably will get this finally the way I like it, and either have to move out or not have a job.....OY.....Thanks for stopping by.....Let me know what you think!