How is it short weeks seem the longest! Just wanted to share the note we sent out for our Dr. Seuss week! I Love Love PJ Day...as I always say how many jobs do you get paid to wear your PJ's to work! Will post the pictures soon! Hope your kids aren't as bonkers as ours were the last two days......OY....
Dr. Seuss Reading Spree all week. Slips will be sent home on Friday to be collected on Monday-Friday mornings. Each book read by a student (or read to a younger student) will be entered into a drawing for a Dr. Seuss book in each classroom. A parent / guardian must sign the slip that the book was read.
Help your child read to be entered every day - But most of all, enjoy this time reading together!
Develop a “reading habit” that will last all year!
Daily Activities:
Monday PAJAMA DAY - Wear pajamas/sweats to school
I’m Not Going to Get Up Today / The Sleep Book
Read Across America - Family Reading Night
6:30-7:45 pm, East Building
Students and Parents will be encouraged to take an Accelerated Reader test on at least one of the books that they read.
Parent Reading Tips on request
Drawings / Bookmarks / Snack in Art Room
Wear your PJ’s, bring your blanket and pillow, & ...
Come Join Us for an Evening of Reading Fun
Tuesday RAINBOW COLOR DAY - Students in each class will wear their color of the rainbow
The Shape of Me and Other Stuff / My Many Colored Days / Dr Seuss’s ABC Book
(Pre-K - green, K- yellow, 1st- orange, 2nd – red, 3rd – blue, Misc. faculty/staff - pink )
Wednesday MIXED-UP SOCK & SHOE DAY - wear mis-matched shoes & socks
Foot Book / Fox in Socks / Wacky Wednesday
Book Marks will be given out today so we “don’t lose our places” in this
mixed up world!
Thursday GREEN DAY - wear green
Green Eggs and Ham / How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Friday HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. SEUSS! Cat in the Hat
HAT DAY - Make and decorate a hat or just wear your favorite hat
Third Grade Readers - Third grade students will read Dr. Seuss stories to each class.
A story activity will follow. (In A People House; Foot Book; Hop on Pop; Green Eggs and Ham; Dr Seuss ABC)
Draw names for winners in Dr. Seuss Reading Spree
Computer
Labs will visit Seussville and other Seuss activities. Art and Music
will join in on the fun.

2 comments:
I wish I could wear my pjs every day!
Jenn
Finally in First
What fun activities!! So glad I found your blog! I am your newest follower!
Molly
Lessons with Laughter
Post a Comment