Friday, November 2, 2012

Sandy, Currently,Elf on the Shelf

First, my thoughts and prayers go out to those dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. My heart aches when I see the videos.


Second, Currently
 
This was a short week for me, as I said my mother's health is again not well. At one point last week, we thought she would have to go into the hospital. But the tests came back improved, so the journey out the woods is going. It was when the Doctor say the words failing....that I HAD to find something
good to focus on. Hence the 30 days of gratitude. So my week consisted of 2 days. We had today off for P/T conferences (ours were Tue/Th nights for the classroom teachers)

My coworkers and I did over my room for Halloween, had I not been out once or twice a week, I would had time to take pics. But will before I take it all down....and put up November. I soooo need a fairy godmother, with a flick of her wand my classroom and house could be clean and organized! Sigh, guess it IS up to me :) As for the music, for reading and labs, I share the room with computers so when not "teaching" the kids have headphones on, so I usually have Tim McGraw on!  

Lastly..............

Visit North Pole Playground



Recently I registered above and received the The Elf on the Shelf I started pinning HERE....My mind is racing with a hundred ideas! Have you done this before and what have you done?










7 comments:

Amber said...

Wouldn't a fairy godmother be great? I sure would have lots of things that could be done!

My thoughts and prayers are with those on the coast as well!

✰Amber
Sparkles , Smiles, and Student Teaching

Fancy Free in 4th said...

Thanks for sharing! I found you on the November Currently! I would love a Fairy Godmother too!
Come and check out my current Currently!
Layla
Fancy Free in Fourth

Unknown said...

i could definitely use a fairy Godmother! There isn't enough time in a regular week, so tring to get everything done in three days posed a challenge! I am now following your blog and pinterest board! Looking foward to read about your Elf on the Shelf project : )
Have a great weekend!

Kathie

The Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher

Ash said...

Can't a girl dream? If only it would come true! Fairy Godmothers would be the best!

I love Elf on the Shelf! There's new Melonheadz clip art for Elf on the Shelf I've got my eye on!

Pixy Stix and Teacher Tricks

Jessica Lawler said...

A fairy godmother? Sign me up! :)

I LOVE decorating my classroom for different seasons/holidays - it keeps the room changing, the kids interested, and the atmosphere cheery. I often have the students come up with decoration ideas - takes the stress off of me and let's them take some ownership :)

I found you through the Currently link-up - I'm your newest follower!

~Jessica
Joy in the Journey

Brittany Weidlich said...

I love decorating the classroom for each new holiday/season... and boy would a godmother be great to have!

Lovely Literacy & More

Brittany

vicky1970 said...

Hi Leea,
Yes, I would love a fairy godmother...LOL We only have 9 days till vacation - are you that close too? Whoo-hoo!
Vicky
Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After