I made scrabble tile necklaces for my coworkers at Christmas time. Since then, I have been looking to buy sets for reading centers in my building. But wow the prices are out of this world. Does anybody have a resource to getting them in bulk?
Question: I've been asked to make some scrabble tile necklaces and dominos necklaces but I'm having issues with my drill not wanting to go all the way through the piece.
Do you use a drill and if so what kind? Or, do you glue the hardware on and if so what do you use?
Thanks so much for the replies, Cara I tried finding an email for you ....no luck...I hope you see this. I didn't use a drill. I used super glue (If I am ever finger printed it shall be noted that I have no fingerprints after this project) and the silver bails..I pretty much used this http://www.makeandtakes.com/links/scrabble-tile-pendant-tutorial With the exception I did mine on computer (found psd on etsy) then used punch to cut out...easy peasy....email if you any more ?'s
7 comments:
Cute idea. I can help with that! Head over to the post I just made to learn how to get them for FREE!
Finally in First
I ordered some off Ebay!
Thanks for posting this question as Jenn linked to Finally in First and I was able to request free tiles from Protiles too!
Hey there!
Question: I've been asked to make some scrabble tile necklaces and dominos necklaces but I'm having issues with my drill not wanting to go all the way through the piece.
Do you use a drill and if so what kind? Or, do you glue the hardware on and if so what do you use?
Thanks so much!
Cara
http://miscellaneousme.wordpress.com
We asked a local tile company to donate small ceramic tiles for us to use to make letter tiles. Maybe you could try that.
Thanks so much for the replies, Cara I tried finding an email for you ....no luck...I hope you see this. I didn't use a drill. I used super glue (If I am ever finger printed it shall be noted that I have no fingerprints after this project) and the silver bails..I pretty much used this http://www.makeandtakes.com/links/scrabble-tile-pendant-tutorial
With the exception I did mine on computer (found psd on etsy) then used punch to cut out...easy peasy....email if you any more ?'s
Thank you so much for the tips.
LOL, I completely understand about not having fingerprints anymore though mine is from hot glue. Ouch!
Thanks again! I assumed that my email would show up with my google account. Oops!
Cara
http://miscellaneousme.wordpress.com
miscellanouescara (at) gmail (dot) com
Post a Comment