Monday, August 8, 2011
It's My Party and I can
celebrate if I want to! This is my birthday week, and I tried to think of some cool way to do this, but my mind is on....school, and how much I need to get done before the kids come on the 19th! So I am just going to throw it out there. I am giving away a $25 Target GC.....1. leave a comment if you are a follower, (become one if not) 2. tell me the best way you stay stress free during school for another entry 3. You can get an entry for sharing! Just let me know you did !
Open to US and Canada Only. (sorry not sure what rules are for other countries) I will draw a name with random.org on August 11th at 11:30 pm (cst) Thanks to all the wonderful blogs for all the resources you share, this is my way of giving back. If your email is not on your profile, make sure to leave it so I can contact you. Do the timmcgrawrules at gmail dot com way......LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


89 comments:
Well, who doesn't LOVE Target? I use uplifting music to combat stress. You can NOT be anything but happily stress-free when you're listening to Up, Up, UP by Rose Falcon!!! So I encourage my teachers to pick a class song and have it ready to go for when things seem stressful. Throw in some movement (dancing, yoga, marching) and you're golden! Barbara
I am a follower!
Cathy I.
mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com
Mrs. I's Class
Oddly enough, creating things on the computer and blog stalking are my relaxation! Lame I know.
Cathy I.
mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com
Mrs. I's Class
I'm a follower! :o)
Jennifer
jennkeys @ gmail . com
I tweeted your fabulous giveaway! :o)
Jennifer
jennkeys @ gmail . com
My way of staying stress free is hard on the wallet; however, I am a firm believer in retail therapy. Finding the perfect whatever can lift tons of stress off of your shoulders. :o)
Jennifer
jennkeys @ gmail . com
I'm a follower!
When I get stressed, I have tea and super high calorie cookies/baking with my bestie and talk, talk, talk. Usually, we end up laughing and that helps immensely. I talk to my husband, too but sometimes we just need someone who can understand our dilemma (ie fellow teacher).
Keri
kerikelly at hotmail dot ca
ps HAPPY BIRTHDAY
I follow you!!
http://teachingmaketheworld.blogspot.com/
I stay stress free by listening to a mix of Christian Music and Broadway Music. Also when it is warm, I love to just go to the pool sit along the side and read a non-teaching book.
http://teachingmaketheworld.blogspot.com/
I'm a new follower!
Blogging is my new favorite way to stay stress free. There's nothing like reading about other teachers dilemmas to help with your own. There are some really funny stories out in blogland!
I am a follower! I love your blog!
Lisa
fsuteach81@yahoo.com
What helps me stay stress free is going to work out after school. I feel 100% better after working out so I don't bring my stress home to my family. Another thing that helps is "stalking" all of these awesome blogs. I feel like these teachers are my second family already! :)
Lisa
fsuteach81@yahoo.com
I am a follower! And a fellow Target lover.
Life with Mrs. L
In order to de-stress I go to the local library. The short walk does me good, and the children's books make me smile.
Life with Mrs. L
I am a follower!!
I go to yoga Tuesday and Thursday nights during the school year.
I'm a follower! Happy birthday!
Dana
3rd Grade Gridiron
I try to relieve stress my listening to music and taking my puppy for walks. :)
Dana
3rd Grade Gridiron
I am a follower now!
Kim from:
http://starbucksstandardssharpies.blogspot.com/
I follow your blog! =)
Jennifer
laughinbrunette@hotmail.com
First Grade Blue SKies
I listen to club/dance music and walk or go workout to alleviate stress. Although shopping is a close second many times!
Kim from:
http://starbucksstandardssharpies.blogspot.com/
De-stress? hmm...music and Sonic Cherry Limeades. =)
Jennifer
laughinbrunette@hotmail.com
First Grade Blue SKies
The best way I stay stress free during school is eating lunch with my kids-staying out of the lounge and get my work done at school so I don't have to bring it home. Still working on the second one, because after 17 years, it hasn't happened yet. Can't wait to read the other suggestions, LOL
kellybrown28021@gmail.com
I am a follower!
I listen to music in my classroom while I'm working and whenever the kids seem to need it to calm down. Their fav song last year was Katie Perry's "Fireworks!"
Mary Pitner Pitner's Potpourri
I am now a follower. FL
Frontier2ndgrade@att.net
When I get stressed I listen to Jim Beckman's music. He's jsut awesome! I also try to stay very positive. I say to myself, "there are teachers that have it worse than me, so stop it!"
Frontier2ndgrade@att.net
I follow your blog. kobrien@royal.wednet.edu
The best way to stay stress free during the school day is to take a deep breath, count to ten and ask God to give you the strength to be patient :O)
Mindy
http://wells4thgrade.blogspot.com/
I follow your blog.
How about them apples?
randeeschatz@hotmail.com
I like to dance my frustrations away...at school with my love muffins (they like to shake it, too) or after school at Zumba!!!
How about them apples?
randeeschatz@hotmail.com
I follow your circus!! :)
Julie
Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher
My co-workers are the cure to a less stressful day!! We always eat lunch and holy smokes do we LAUGH!! I love the sassy girls I work with.
Julie
Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher
I blogged about your giveaway!! I hope it sends lots of people your way!!
Julie
Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher
I follow your blog now!!!
I try to lower my stress through prayer and going to the gym!
Finally, I blogged about the contest :)
http://workshopclassroom.blogspot.com
I'm a new follower! And I wish I could get an entry for sharing how I stay stress free during the year but I don't! I would love to see a list of how teachers stay stress free......especially during state testing time. :)
~Lorraine
rainee2011@gmail.com
New follower!
youngdelaney@gmail.com
I follow your blog!
amylynnmarashall@aol.com
I like to read something totally non-school related to de-stress! I really love reading and it can be so relaxing to just read something for fun!!
amylynnmarshall@aol.com
I like to spend time with friends to de-stress
youngdelaney@gmail.com
i am a follower! thanks for the chance to win!
my stress free ways include soft lighting, plants, and motown music or folk music on pandora.
and I posted the give away on my teacher website:
www.ateachersnotebook.blogspot.com
I am a follower! Cool giveaway :) Thanks for the chance.
I'm a new follower!!
♥Rebecca
Create●Teach●Share
Create●Share●Inspire
I {try to} stay stress free by having a strong organization system in place. But even then, stress can be hard to avoid. I'm going with a "Keep Calm Carry On" mentality this year! We'll see if it works ;)
♥Rebecca
Create●Teach●Share
Create●Share●Inspire
I am your newest follower. Love your blog :)
thepolkadotowl@gmail.com
Retail Therapy is my form of staying stress free :)
I'm a new follower :O)
msob123@gmail.com
to combat the stress, i evaluate what's important (life and school). too often, we, as teachers, 'forget' that we have lives too! as a new mommy, my extra (haha) time is spent with my 9 month old twins. here's what i do to manage the stress--i make a plan for my prep periods and lunch noting the things i must get done--planning, papers to grade, phone calls, organizing and cleaning the room or my desk etc. i bring my school bag home full of things, however, i 'try' to accomplish 1 or 2 tasks tops at night. if not, then it gets done the next morning or on my prep. sorry this is so long!
I'm a new follower! =)
And the way I combat stress is by watching Law and Order SVU on Netflix and eating Papa Johns Pizza!
mkwamena@gmail.com
I'm a follower!
mrsfawley@gmail.com
I posted about your giveaway. Thanks so much for your generosity and Happy Birthday!
I am a new follower.
Almost every Thursday night a group of teachers that I work with and I have dinner at the same restaurant. It is a great time to just hangout, laugh, and destress. It is a whole lot cheaper than therapy and a lot more fun.
I'm a new follower. Love your blog!
I stay stress free by keeping busy with non school related activities. I know..it's hard! I enjoy curling up to knit and watching trash TV when I'm just worn out.
I am a new follower
I follow your blog!
I stay stree free during the school year by offering up my work, joys, and sacrifice to Jesus, the greatest teacher!
I stay stress free during the year by going out for drinks with teacher friends to do the teacher talk and also to catch up on trashy tv :) I figure since we work (and think) so hard during the day, a little bit of mindless camaraderie is well-earned!
I am a follower! And the best way I stay stress free is to take advantage of sonic happy hour often :)
I follow your blog!!!!
Renee Stewart
suzynae@tx.rr.com
I destress by cooking for my family and friends!
Renee Stewart
suzynae@tx.rr.com
I am following you now :)
Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten
I follow you!
I destress by reading. Sometimes romance, sometimes sci-fi/fantasy or even young adult books like The Hunger Games. It it has words I read it lol. I can read a book a night, and once I'm in the zone nothing can distract me, so my mind doesn't have a chance to work itself into knots thinking about work problems.
Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten
I'm a new follower :)
I stay stress free during school by prioritizing my to do list. I figure out what has to be done, what could get done and what would just be nice to have done. That way I'm not wasting time on things that aren't necessary right away...
I follow your blog! :o)
Cindy
ccfirstteacher@gmail.com
To help with stress, I try to go for a walk either when I get home or after supper. I also check all my blogs ~ that usually ALWAYS makes me feel better!! :o)
Cindy
ccfirstteacher@gmail.com
New follower! I try to stay stress free by being very mindful to leave work at work. I try very hard to be committed to only my family when I'm home.
I am now a follower I stay stress free by focusing on what is important, the kids in my class and a lot of Diet Dr. Pepper :)
northernmemories@yahoo.com
I am a follower. New blogger.
I keep my stress low by working out. Running is so relaxing...once you get into it.
ashleyfrizzell@yahoo.com
I'm a new follower (that is, I hope I am--Blogger's following feature doesn't always work for me without using the GFC widget)! Thanks for the giveaway! I added you to my reader just in case!
eemoody77 at gmail dot com
Stress tip: frequent bubble baths!
eemoody77 at gmail dot com
I tweeted this post!
http://twitter.com/FakeGradSchool/status/101828946580090880
eemoody77 at gmail dot com
I'm a new follower and also a Target lover ;)
paula.rushia12@gmail.com
My stress reducer - patting my puppy. He always takes away my stress at the end of the day.
paula.rushia12@gmail.com
I follow you and also <3 Target!
-Rachel
edlink123.blogspot.com
I Zumba to reduce stress!
-Rachel
edlink123.blogspot.com
Hi. I am a follower!
To destress I like to read a good mystery or romance novel!
Entering just in the nick of time! Following your blog (and on Pinterest ;-)
I relieve stress by getting a pedicure and fancy nails right before school starts. I work REALLY hard in my room a few weeks before school starts, so pampering myself and getting pretty before school starts is the perfect stress reliever!
"Tweeted" about your giveaway!
i just found you via pinterest! now you're bookmarked! yay 3rd grade teachers!
samirose87@gmail.com
Post a Comment