"As if I couldn't tell there was a full moon coming (a dead raccoon in a jar last week almost did me in) my most mild mannered children were nuts....I again urge you to call your local State, Federal and International representatives and urge them to vote yes to hazard pay for school employees around full moons......"
Yes you did read that right, first time in 10 years in the business, and I have never had a child bring a DEAD baby raccoon in a jar....I was very brave (dead animals give weamie jeemies) in the umpteenth day of dense fog, in my very brave voice "put that in your book bag and don't let me see out of it all day" I gleefully then
As I said I have been fighting the crud all weekend! I blame the non stop fog, that has 2 cycles lately either dense heavy duty fog or the every lovely dense freezing fog.....both of which on top of the week leading up to a full moon start the school days out so lovely! I have accomplished nothing at night as I am even more exhausted than normal! So when I get back feeling better I will have a normal enriching blog post ....(Not that you did not laugh at my raccoon story) Add to all this our district is facing MASSIVE budget cuts, and there is no real easy answer except that the State of IL is royally *&^% schools....esp the small rural ones! It is a little bit tense around the water cooler, sides have been drawn .....All I want to do is help kids learn to read and use a computer while having fun doing it! I will be back soon :)

1 comments:
OH MY GOSH! That is disgusting!! And really funny, probably not for you though!
Post a Comment