I wanted to share a coworker gift I did for the end of year. I work with 24 people, from the "lunch ladies", custodians, all the way to the Superintendent. Someone always asked why I feel I need to give gifts to everyone. (They are never really expensive) My reply is always (and I do mean it) Sometime during the year, they helped me with something, from an ear to vent at, to helping me with the kid at recess who fell in the mud, whatever they did HELPED me...do I get along with all 24 everyday, nope, they would say the same thing...We all have our days, it's a small school. But in the grand scheme of things, we are a team, and we faced alot this year from new programs to the death of student. We stick together when the going gets tough....as we proved this year. In fact my gift may never be enough but it shows at least a bit what I am trying to express.
I have been using these for flower storage in scrapbooking, and knew sometime I wanted to do a gift with them. Can you tell what it started out as?
I can't find the link of where I got the label from, if anyone's interested let me know and I will dig for it. Font is Abe Lincoln from Lettering Delights. The little scoops I attached were from ebay. I attached the labels with re-positionable glue dots, thinking if they wanted to reuse the bottle again....in the mild (compared to now) 80's they were falling off. I guess regular glue dots next time!
I have done the photo cubes, philosophy goodies, scrabble tile necklaces (who needs fingerprints after using superglue anyhow) and the list goes on, all well received. My pinterest is loaded with ideas to have on hand. Which comes in handy for my little sister, her oldest entered Kindergarten this past year, and I had a plethora of ideas for her for teacher gifts! I haven't decided if I am going to do one for when we get back or not. Well there you have it, hope I didn't bore you to death!




1 comments:
It's fun to click the "2 cool" button! :)
First Grade Frame of Mind
Post a Comment